Thursday, September 27, 2012

My last adventure with the Radican Family was getting to tag along with Mr. Steve as he flew a trip to California. For the trip he picked, we were off to Los Angeles, California! I have always wanted to go there because I know thats where Hollywood is and lots of famous stars!

To start my adventure, Mr. Steve showed me the flight deck of the airplane he flies, a Boeing 757, which can seat over 200 people! (wow!) Here is a picture of me taking a peak...there sure are A LOT of buttons!
And here is a picture with Mr. Steve and I as he helped show me around the 757 Flight Deck and introduced me to the crew. They were all really nice. He also let me where his pilot hat, but it was too big for my head. :)

When we arrived in Los Angeles, Mr. Steve took me around town to show me some of the neat sights! I got to see the famous Hollywood sign on the hills, and some major LA landmarks like The Chinese Theatre and Walk of Stars. I took a picture with one of my favorite stars! Do you recognize the name?
Did you know that The Chinese Theatre was declared a historic-cultural landmark in 1968? The Chinese Theatre is the most sought-after theatre in Hollywood for studio premieres, it is where many of the major award shows like the Emmy's are held. Fans and tourists flock to these events to see the celebrities arrive and walk up the red carpet into the theatre. Rich in movie tradition, with its cement handprints and footprints in the forecourt, the Chinese Theatre immortalizes the brightest stars. More than four million visitors from all over the world visit The Chinese Theatre every year.

As icing on the cake, while I was in LA, I also got to see the last flight of the space shuttle as it flew over the Hollywood sign and right by my hotel window! Sooo cool! Can you see it in the picture below? Look closely!
Dont worry if you can't find it, here is a better picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment